Please look over the packing list carefully and then pack your items (see below) in a clear plastic “standard size” shoebox (download your packing list here). Remember, every child is in need and your gift of these items will help to make their lives easier. Ideas to include:
- Prayer: The most important ingredient in your shoebox is prayer. The child who will receive your shoebox lives in the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Your shoebox will be a great blessing and open their hearts to the love of Jesus.
- School supplies: Pens, pencils & sharpener, markers, spiral notebooks, solar calculator, rulers, erasers, etc.
- Hygiene items: Toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap, washcloth, hand towel, hair brush, comb, nail file and clippers, deodorant, etc.
- Clothing: Socks, underwear, light-weight clothing (t-shirts, sundresses, shorts with elastic waist) and belts (boys), flip-flop sandals, ball caps, sun visors, sunglasses, etc.
- Other items: Christmas card for the child who will receive your shoebox, your family photo, wristwatch, hair accessories, harmonica, costume jewelry, flashlight (with extra batteries or solar powered/wind-up), compact umbrella, etc.
- Small toys: Coloring books, crayons, dolls, small cars, dominoes, playing cards, jump ropes, balls (deflated with possibly a small pump & needle for a soccer ball or basketball), yo-yo’s, stuffed animals, stickers, marbles, checkers, Etch A Sketch, etc.
Please do not send the following items in your shoebox:
- Food, candy
- Used items (clothing, toys, stuffed animals)
- Medication, vitamins
- Rubber snakes
- Military items, toy guns, knives
Central FL drop-off locations. [click for map]
- Include your donation
Please include a $7 donation to help cover the cost of shipping. Simply enclose a check payable to New Missions. Please do not send cash. If you send multiple boxes, you are welcome to make one collective donation for the quantities you are sending. On the memo of your check, please write: shoebox — for # of shoeboxes.
- Deliver or send to:
2500 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32809
- Collection runs October 1 through December 31.